Every family has a different way of celebrating Easter. No matter how you and your loved ones like to spend your long weekend, we know one thing is guaranteed – food.. and lots of it will be consumed!! Impress your guests with a table setting that will show off your egg-cellent hostess skills this Easter; we have narrowed down the essential must-have items that will take your table from drab to fab.
- Floral Table Cloth – In my opinion this is a MUST for Easter. We have so few opportunities to dress our table in floral prints so lets take advantage of the first opportunity of the season. I decided to go with this botanic garden table cloth from Bella Casa Design Centre because it is such a classic. This print from Portmeirion was designed 40 years ago in Britain and is still hugely popular today… I mean, how can you not love it?! butterflies, flowers, and beautiful colours all printed on a crisp white cotton background… LOVE!
- Festive Decor – Yes flowers say Easter, but they are not specific to this holiday alone. This is why we need to bring in something else that screams Easter… Que the Easter eggs!! These items are where you can make or break the elegancy of your table setting. There are several cheesy figurines out there so be sure to keep these sophisticated. I found the glass Easter egg figurines and the Easter egg salad plates at HomeSense. For fun festive items like this, you will only be showcasing them once a year so you shouldn’t spend too much on them. HomeSense is my go-to store for this type of item… they have fun, inexpensive pieces that add a youthful element to your theme while still keeping it tasteful. Each Easter egg figurine was $7.99 and the Egg plates were $7.99/set of 4.
- Colour Scheme – No other colour scheme defines Easter quite like pastels. Selecting this palette was a given for me. I love the soft, airy feeling that pastel colours bring to a table setting to begin with, so once I found my tablecloth I knew that this was the direction that I had to take this time a round! Working with pastels allows you to bring in several different colours; pinks, purples, greens, and blues all work so well together. Find a colour palette that you love and run with it!!
- Candles – Candles are meant to create an ambiance – set the mood for your gathering. Whether it is brunch or dinner, warm up your table with a flickering flame. Candles assist in making a room feel comfortable and cozy. Welcome your guests by scattering a few votive candles across your table. In my opinion, no table setting is quite complete until you light a candle.
- Fresh Flowers – These tulips were the “cherry on top” of my table. They add a freshness and life to the dining space that no other home decor piece can bring. And lets face it, flowers make people feel happy! Don’t fuss too much over making your centrepiece too structured, flowers are natural so allow them to do their thing. And remember, you can’t go wrong if you pick flowers that are in season!
Now that you have an egg-citing new table to entertain your guests at, sit back and enjoy the feast!!
Until next post, Elysia