Ah spring. The time of year where we de-clutter, redecorate, or even house hunt! Whether you’re looking to buy or build a new home or just looking for home inspiration lottery homes are always a great way to check out the latest and greatest (and grandest)! For quite some time, the Full House Lottery homes have been known for their jaw dropping and stunning execution of over-the-top design ideas. What better place to get inspired?!
Full house Lottery is a not-for-profit charity and has been around for 24 years and have raised $73-million in the last 23 years for various causes. We had the opportunity to check out the newest Full House Lottery Homes in Windermere during an exclusive walk though with each home’s decorator. Full disclosure: all these homes are stunning and we would buy all the tickets if we could just to win them.
Grand Prize 1: $2,003,410
Kondro Homes, decorated by Bump Interiors Inc.
Measuring in at 5600 square feet, this house is total luxury! Everything in this house is grand; perhaps why this one is THE grand prize home?! The designers of this house were going for an urban relaxed feel and we think they hit the nail on the head! The combination of raw wood elements with 4 different types of metals (brushed nickel, chrome, antique brass, and black) give this home the ultimate feeling of extravagance. From the soaring 20 foot ceilings to the half-court gymnasium in the basement, no detail was left untouched in this home. Here’s a list of our favourite ‘Feel Good Features:’
- Modular art used on the walls in the powder room and master bedroom – these sculpted gypsum wall panels add texture and interest to every space
- Dekton counter tops throughout. These are the industry’s most durable counter top product – Dekton was also used in the shower for a seamless, contemporary look
- The master retreat takes up an entire wing of the house, consuming almost 1000 square feet!! Keep in mind, this just a small portion of the home… the same size as the entire living space of my first condo
- Custom built-in island and shelving in the walk-in-closet allows for a TON of storage space
- Kids study area with chalk board paint – now listen to this… the chalkboard paint is also magnetic, how cool is that?!
- Unique artwork in the kids bedrooms. The nursery has some super cute “birds on a wire” wall decals, and the second bedroom has artwork made by a little artist down in Calgary
- Elegant 3-way fireplace separating the piano room from the great room and front entrance
- The ultimate sports area that is the Basement – 13′ ceilings and a half-court gymnasium… there are no excuses for laziness in this home
- The designer was extremely dedicated. She even took a trip to Whistler to get inspiration for the west coast vibe she wanted to convey in this home
Grand Prize 2, Option 1: The Greenwich, $1,748,460
Perry Homes, decorated by Next Interiors
This home “feels like New York just moved to Windermere” and that description is bang on! As soon as you walk into this home you’re in awe of all the gorgeous brick, exposed ceilings and industrial kitchen and you’re left to pick your jaw up off the floor and snap back into reality. This 4,500 square-foot single family home has stunning detail, from the chevron tile inset in the wide-plank hardwood floors at the front door, to the parquet hardwood in the open concept office. This home is truly not like anything you’ve likely seen before in Edmonton! Here’s a list of our favourite ‘Feel Good Features:’
- Industrial warehouse vibe can be felt throughout the home
- MASSIVE chef’s kitchen leading into an open concept living room with soaring exposed wood ceilings
- Family size mud room with cubbies for everyone and room to sit and put on your shoes
- Glass-door fridges (yes there are two) and a tall glass-door wine cooler ❤
- A substantial glass wine wall separating the main floor bathroom/hallway and the living room
- The master bedroom ensuite and bed are separated only by an accent wall that acts as the headboard decorated with tin tiles — the other side hosts the double vanity
- The white tile with dark grout in the master bath is simply stunning, especially with the clawfoot tub and full glass shower
- The basement has a nice “pub feel” to it with a full wet bar. There’s also a stage in the corner so if you’re any kind of performer, this is the house for you!
Grade Prize 2, Option 2: The Princeton, $1,748,662
Built and decorated by Parkwood Homes
This 42,800 square-foot bungalow is bright and cheery and would be any entertainers dream. The designer explained to us that this is the home for empty nesters – the master bedroom is on the main floor with two bedrooms in the basement for the grandkids (accessible by a slide, of course). The white walls, light wide-plank hardwood floors and black ceiling beams pull give this home a refreshing timeless look. Here’s a list of our favourite ‘Feel Good Features:’
- Without a doubt the first thing you really notice in this home is its inside outside patio with a built in barbecue. BBQing 365 days a year in Edmonton?! OKAY!
- The gorgeous light fixtures all (but one) from Park Lighting in west Edmonton
- The walk through pantry from the kitchen to the mud/laundry room with a built in dog tap and bath for little Lassie
- The master bathroom is a retreat with a sunken tub (that fits four people… do with that as you will) and a large glass shower with two shower heads
- Downstairs (you can get there by stairs or slide) the first thing you’ll notice is the stunning scotch tasting room complete with a bar and room for a table
For more information on these beautiful abodes and all the awesome prizes you can win click here! The deadline to buy tickets is coming up on June 8, 2017, and don’t forget even if you come out empty handed, you’re still supporting the Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation and the University Hospital foundation – a win for everyone!!
Now what are you waiting for, go check these homes out!
Until our next post, Jessica & Elysia ❤