After this unbearably LONG winter we’ve had it’s time to ditch the snow boots, rock those sandals and head out to explore Edmonton. What better place to start than the Full House Lottery Homes in Windermere (located at Wahl Place)! We were invited back for an exclusive tour of the three homes. What we noticed this year compared to last is, these homes are equally as stunning, but they’re all super versatile in that there weren’t any qualities that a family of 5 would prefer over a retired couple – anyone could picture themselves in all three of these home! This year, there is $5.2 million dollars in prizes, including the Early Bird prizes: a downtown condo and BMWi8, luxury trips, vehicles, and more!
Full house Lottery is a not-for-profit charity and is celebrating 25 years in our community!! More than $77-million has been raised over the last quarter century for Alberta patients; proceeds from the lottery go to support the Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation and University Hospital Foundation.
Here’s a look at the homes!
Grand Prize 1: $2,235,145 + $25,000 in cash
Averton Homes, decorated by Averton Homes
To put it simply, this home is STUNNING. It has three liveable floors and an unfinished basement you can make your own (hello dream man cave). Measuring at 5,411 square feet this home is the whole package. (It’s like when you find Mr. Right on your dating site and think ‘he can’t actually be this perfect’ and then he IS… kinda like that.) Averton set out to “do something fantastic that’s never been done, and create a house that makes people say ‘wow, we can actually live here'” and they delivered. The home has an open concept on all three floors and a cool colour palette that won’t date anytime soon. From the master retreat to the entertainment loft and rooftop patio, here’s a look at our favourite ‘feel good features’:
- Hexagon tile inlay in hardwood in front entrance, greeted by white grand piano with soaring ceilings and tone on tone wall panel detail
- The custom glass staircase is an art piece in itself
- Modern kitchen with white marbled and walnut wood countertops and inset cutting board and a built-in wine tub in the countertop
- A ‘back kitchen’ perfect for entertaining to keep the kitchen mess-free with a custom wine rack and wine fridge
- Huge laundry room with ample hanging space and an oversized washer and dryer
- Kids rooms were designed for them to grow into the space, with walk in closets and a shared bathroom
- Master retreat – aka half the second floor- has a linear gas fireplace, built in coffee bar, massive ensuite with a large soaker tub, two person shower, and roomie walk in closet
- Third storey entertainment area with a full wet bar, powder room, pool table, and rooftop patio. It’s up here where you really notice the impact of the stairs when you look down to the main floor
Grand Prize 2 (Option 1): $1,720,800 + $10,000 cash
Kondro Homes, decorated by Bump Interiors Inc.
This home is a modern classic. The goal was to “make people feel warm and embraced” and that is exactly the feeling when you walk through the door. This 4,691 square foot dream home has an amazing and functional open concept floor plan with white oak floors, warm greys and pops of colour carried throughout. The combination of pastel pinks and avacado greens throughout the main floor give the home a touch of a fun-retro feel. The large stone fireplace acts as a focal point on the main floor and, because of its large scale, it is something that can be enjoyed even when you’re in the kitchen preparing a meal. Perhaps the most ‘fun’ feature in the home is the ultimate home theatre and snack-shack in the basement! Here’s a look at our favourite ‘feel good features’:
- The fine details, like the stepped ceiling design in the master, the hexagonal ceiling details on the main floor, and the custom eight inch baseboards throughout, to name a few.
- Butcher block island counter to add a warm contrast from the two tone grey cabinets
- Beautiful solid marble panel behind cook top
- Open concept second floor with bonus room to separates the bedrooms and create a fun ‘hang out’ spot. The bonus room was painted a dark tone to “make it feel like you’re being hugged” when enjoying this room
- Kids study/craft room with built in desk
- The whole basement has been trasnformed into the ultimate theatre room. With large recliners to a dry candy bar. The ceiling even has mini pot lights to look like stars
- The spare bedroom in the basement has nine foot ceilings – something you never see in a basement
Grand Prize 2 (Option 2): $1,700,000 + $10,000 cash
Perry Signature Homes, decorated by Next Interiors
The first question the designer asked us was, “Are you brave enough to live in this home?” She was referring to how white everything was. White walls, white baseboards, white cupboards, white countertops – this is the ultimate tone on tone home and ‘beautiful’ is the only word used to describe it. This home has a modern feel with its crisp clean lines, but more-so feels airy and light. This is a 4,906 square foot home with a built in nanny suite, and was designed with the wine aficionado in mind. Here’s a look at our favourite ‘feel good features’:
- The living wall in the kitchen adds a pop of green in an otherwise white room
- The nanny suit has a wine bar (huzzah)
- The second floor bonus room is the perfect spot to lounge and catch up on Schitts Creek. It has floor to ceiling windows and even has its own private patio
- The master bedroom is also white with beautiful emerald green drapery and toss cushions that really pop. The headboard is a 3form resin product and was mounted piece by piece for a totally custom look. This room is all about “relaxing with a glass of wine”.
- A bridge across the second floor overlooks the main living room and takes you to the kids wing of the house.
- The boy’s room has a custom made bed that is mounted to the wall with iron chain and bolts
- The basement is all about activities. It has a glass wine cellar that holds 600 BOTTLES! Yes, 600. There is a mini theatre room, a games room, a fitness studio with a ballet bar to “keep up with the fitness trends”, and a craft room
For more information on these beautiful abodes and all the awesome prizes you can win click here! The deadline to buy tickets is coming up on June 7, 2018, with the Early Bird deadline coming up on May 10, 2018. and don’t forget even if you come out empty handed, you’re still supporting the Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation and the University Hospital foundation – a win for everyone!!
Until our next post, Jessica & Elysia ❤